Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. Weï¿½re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
Under the direction of the Medical Directors and management staff, provides state of the art laboratory specimen testing, including phlebotomy, from neonates to geriatric patients ensuring patient safety.
Completes established competencies for the position within designated introductory period.
Other related duties as assigned.
1. Produces complete and accurate laboratory results.
2. Responds to test requisitions promptly, with attention to patientï¿½s name, type of test and time of test.
3. Disposes of hazardous materials properly, immediately after use, per department guidelines.
4. Is attentive to record keeping, documentation of work performed and required clerical tasks.
5. Notifies supervisor of work completion, and reports for additional assignments.
6. Demonstrates the ability to perform the following computer functions accurately:
ï¿½ Patient Registration
ï¿½ Ordering Tests
ï¿½ Receipt Verification
ï¿½ Results Inquiry
ï¿½ Results Input
ï¿½ Append/Correct a Result
7. Completes work left from other shifts, and strives to reduce any holdover procedures. Work pending is organized and appropriately left for follow-up.
8. Demonstrates the ability to coordinate simultaneous functions with complete accuracy.
9. Demonstrates the flexibility to adjust schedule in response to STAT orders or fluctuations in the workload.
10. Demonstrates the following skills regarding send out testing
ï¿½ Take Phone Reports.
ï¿½ Specimen Processing
ï¿½ Result Inquiry
11. Demonstrates the ability to accurately, efficiently and safely perform venipuncture and capillary blood removal procedures. Completely conforms to guidelines in blood removal procedures.
12. Follows up on conflicting or irregular patient problems.
13. Demonstrates the ability to act as a reference for lab assistant, technician, and medical technologists personnel.
14. Dates, initials or signs all laboratory documents and computer entries as required; i.e., updating, result review.
15. Calls all critical or abnormal pre-op patient results promptly. Appropriately documents calls in computer.
16. Maintains a neat/clean organized work area and keeps working supplies stocked at the bench.
17. Follows protocol for running and reporting controls. Takes appropriate action in out-of-control discrepant or unexpected test results. Documents as appropriate.
18. Notifies supervisor of out-of-control, discrepant or unexpected results within expected time frame.
19. Performs proficiency testing accurately and timely.
20. Performs maintenance and calibration as scheduled, when asked and within set time frame. Documents as appropriate.
21. Recognizes and resolves problems, troubleshoots malfunctioning equipmen
A. Minimum Education: Knowledge necessary to obtain Clinical Laboratory Scientist license in the state of California and current California Clinical Laboratory Scientist license.
B. Preferred Experience: Two years recent experience as a medical technologist in an acute care setting preferred.
C. Preferred Skills and Abilities: Ability to act as supervisor in absence of higher supervisor.
Job: Med Tech
Primary Location: Fountain Valley, California
Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Job Type: PT1
Shift Type: Nights
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 1805044409
About Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.